Wednesday, September 1, 2010

When your heart breaks...

Just got off the phone with my son's assist.principle.
She called to inform me that my son was threatened at school today.
WHAT? YOU ARE KIDDING RIGHT? That's what went through my mind in the brief seconds before I calmly continued our conversation...

"A" mentioned some bullying last year at school and we tried to tell the teacher etc..., but I never felt like it got dealt with. Now a new kid - 7 days into a new school year - is threatening him? I want to protect him, but there is the flip side that I have to admit to myself... our son is no angel himself in this department - he has made threats as well.

After hanging up the phone, I frantically called my hubby who is at work and busy, and did not answer his phone, then it dawned on me... I forgot to ask God for wisdom today and my day has been a mess all day... I lost $100 due to a stupid choice and the baby that I watch has been screaming most of the day with colic and then this final straw... my baby (although not really) being threatened...

As I ran to God with the heartbreaks of my day I realized He is here, is still holding me and will give me the wisdom/strength I need even if I forget to ask...

What an awesome God He is... even in this heartbreak!

No comments:

Post a Comment